- DBMS Global
Preparing Your Business for a Post-Pandemic World
Along with the severe health and humanitarian crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic, executives around the world face enormous business challenges: the collapse of customer demand, significant regulatory modifications, supply chain interruptions, unemployment, economic recession, and increased uncertainty. And like the health and humanitarian sides of the crisis, the business side needs ways to recover. Ad hoc responses won’t work; organizations must lay the groundwork for their recoveries now.
The management theorist Henry Mintzberg famously defined strategy as 5 Ps: plan, ploy, pattern, position, and perspective. We have adapted his framework to propose our own 5 Ps: position, plan, perspective, projects, and preparedness. The following questions can guide you as you work to bounce back from the crisis.
1. What position can you attain during and after the pandemic?
2. What is your plan for bouncing back?
3. How will your culture and identity change?
4. What new projects do you need to launch, run, and coordinate?
5. How prepared are you to execute your plans and projects?